Indie Author Spotlight Saturday: Bindi Kennedy


AuthorBindi Kennedy Title: Rules in Love Date Published: 05/04/2023

Read Dates: 07/15/2026- 07/16/2026
Rating: ⭐⭐πŸ’«


Rules in Love is a dual POV workplace romance. Scarlett and Finn are both young architects who are recruited to a New York firm (from England and Australia, respectively) and determined to meet their career goals without discrimination. When Finn joins the firm, he is instantly enamored with Scarlett, but she has a list of rules governing relationships that don’t include dating men she works with, and they both have secrets and complications that make a relationship difficult. When partnered together on a project, the two get to know each other, and the rules and misgivings begin to slip!

I really wanted to like this one, but it just wasn’t for me. The blurb is very vague, so I’m trying to avoid spoilers, which makes it difficult to share my thoughts. First, there were some continuity errors around character ages that bugged me (FMC would have been 26 at the beginning, but also referred to herself as 24 & 25; another character aged backwards halfway through the book). I found both main characters immature and irresponsible. I think they were supposed to be quirky and endearing, but I just wanted them to show an ounce of the super responsible, controlled person other characters said they were! The more I read, the less I liked Finn; he was controlling, manipulative, and hypocritical, and didn’t learn from the multiple times he’d be called out on it. I was happiest with the third-act breakup when Scarlett had some character development and ended things, but given it was a romance, that didn’t stick.



Have you ever wanted someone so desperately, you’d risk everything for just one kiss?

For as long as I can remember, I have lived life according to my list of ten rules.

The most important?

Do not date men you work with. It’s asking for trouble.

Adherence has never been an issue…

Until now.









Comments